Home Remedies for Dandruff
Dandruff is due to the excessive shedding of dead skin cells from the scalp. It is also called scurf. Dandruff is a skin disorder that results from neither too little moisture nor too much oil. Some people, however, either chronically or as a result of certain triggers, experience an unusually large amount of flaking, which can also be accompanied by redness and irritation. Most cases of dandruff can be easily treated with specialized shampoos. Simple dandruff does not cause hair loss. It can occur at any age, but is most likely in the early 20s. Dandruff mostly occurs after puberty, usually between the ages of 20 and 30, and affects males more than females. Seborrhoeic eczema (or seborrhoeic dermatitis) is a more severe form of dandruff that can also affect the skin around your eyebrows, nose, ears, face and forehead. Dandruff can cause either an overly dry scalp with itchy white flakes that may be waxy or greasy or dandruff can manifest as an oily greasy scalp with scales.
Dandruff produces greyish white flakes of skin that are often visible on the hair and shoulders. Dandruff is mostly spread impairment toxic condition mainly due to taking of wrong foods, constipation, and a low vitality due to infectious diseases. Dandruff can be caused by nutritional deficiencies, such as a lack of vitamin B, or essential fatty acids. Also, if your diet is high in sugar, and refined carbohydrates -for example, those found in white bread, and sugary cereals that have had the fibre removed, it can make the condition worse. Another skin condition that affects the scalp is called Psoriasis. Inflamed red patches begin to appear, covered by silvery-white scales. This often also affects skin around the ears, knees and elbows. Scales are yellow and greasy looking and your skin is inflamed, red and crusty.
Teatment of Dandruff
1. Zinc pyrithione is reduces the production of yeast,
2. Selenium sulphide – suppresses the natural oils (sebum) produced from your scalp glands,
3. Coal tar – contains a natural anti-fungal agent, however, caution is advised if you have coloured or treated hair as long term use has been known to stain hair,
4. Ketoconazole – the broadest of all the anti-fungal ingredients in its effectiveness to reduce and shed the scalp of cells means it may work for you when other dandruff shampoos have failed,
5. Salicylic acids also known as ‘scalp scrubbers’, shed the scalp of the cells rather than slow the reproduction down, however, this can make your scalp dryer than before you used the treatment.
Home Remedies for Dandruff
1. Use of fenugreek seeds is one of the most important remedies in the treatment of dandruff. Two tablespoons of these seeds should be soaked overnight in water and ground into a fine paste in the morning. This paste should be applied all over the scalp and left for half an hour.
2. Use of a teaspoon of fresh lime juice for the last rinse, while washing the hair, is another useful remedy. This not only leaves the hair glowing but also removes stickiness and prevents dandruff.
3. The juice of snake gourd has been found beneficial in the prevention and treatment of dandruff. The juice should be rubbed over the scalp for this purpose.
4. Aloe vera dandruff cure About 10-15 minutes before you wash your hair, rub a lot of aloe vera gel into your scalp. leave it on for 10 minutes, and shampoo your hair like you regularly do.
5.Using lime juice to wash hair.
6. Soak 2 tablespoons fenugreek seeds in water overnight. In the morning grind into a fine paste. Apply all over scalp and leave for ½ an hour. Wash with mild shampoo.
7. Mix the olive oil with the almond oil. Leave it on about 5 min.s after it starts to burn. Rinse well to clear dandruff.
8. Massage your hair with warm coconut oil and apply the juice of 2 lemons, steam your hair and leave the oil on for about 2 hours. Shampoo with a mild shampoo. Repeat 2-3 times a week.
9. Boil a handful of neem leaves in 4 teacups of water. After cooling and filtering, use for rinsing hair.
10. Mix 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar with 1/4 cup water. Pour this mixture into a spray bottle and spritz it on to your hair and scalp, being careful to avoid the eye and ear area.